Rick Cook

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Rick Cook wrote in
:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in
news:415fa764$1_2 @newspeer2.tds.net:

That fact is that statistical studies have been run that correlate
aggression and damage inflicted by various dog breeds. I don't
have them at hand, and I don't remember where the pit bull ranked.

Number one in deaths, Rottweiler number two, other large dogs
dominating mist of the list. Surpisingly, a Yorkie gets a mention!
Less than 1% involved a leashed dog off the owners property.

www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

But dog deaths are related to size and strength, not to number of
attacks. --RC

Well of course they are. But the Pit Bull is #1.

Which demonstrates that a Pit Bull is a strong, fast dog. However it says
nothing about the breed's aggressiveness, which is the point at issue.

Remember my analogy to a powerful shaper.

--RC