itsme

How much was the inverter? Where could I find the tools needed and what do
they cost? Or should I chance giving it to CompUSA or another repair
service?

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
Sounds like the connection from the inverter to the backlight is loose,
although it could be the connection to the inverter or at the backlight as
well. I've replaced the inverter on a similar vintage of HP unit and it

was
not too difficult to get to if you are handy and have a set of precision
screwdrivers.

Bob

"itsme" wrote in message
I have a HP Pavilion N5440 laptop. I have been having a problem with my
screen. It seems like the hinges are loose or something. The screen will
flicker or go black. But if I prop it against the wall it will stay on.

So
feel like the connection is loose. Can someone tell me if this can be

easily
repaired at little cost? I fear if I bring it into CompUSA they will

tell
me
I need a whole new screen, which will be the cost of a new laptop. The

fact
that the screen works all the time except if I move it away from the

wall
makes me think the screen is fine.
I appreciate any advise.