Chuck Harris

Andy Cuffe wrote:
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:44:27 -0400, Chuck Harris

Using WD40 sounds counter intuitive, but it works! It took
a great leap of faith for me to try it the first time (on the
recommendation of a friend who deals in surplus printers), but
I did, and it works perfectly.

-Chuck Harris

Assuming you're not being sarcastic, do you have any idea why that
helps? The only thing I can think of is that maybe the pickup roller
isn't releasing the papaer soon enough causing the first roller in the
paper feeder not to feed the paper far enough.
Andy Cuffe

Hi Andy, I am not being sarcastic, and I am not trying to wreck your
printer. I am only telling you to do, what I do myself. I have been
doing this to HP printers for about the last 10 years, so I know both
the short term results, and the long term results. The WD40 soaks into
the rubber and gives it the slight tackyness that is necessary to reliably
pick up the paper. The important compound is not the stoddard solvent,
but the yellow stuff is that is in WD40.

Email me, and I will send you my ham call and phone number.

You have to remove the "-" signs and everything in between them to get
my correct email address.

-Chuck Harris