newfy.1

"Rex" wrote in message
om...
Me and the wife are shopping for carpet, and have gotten totally
confused.
So many brands and types our heads are spinning!
We are looking for a quality carpet (not berber) for our living area.
Can someone just give us a solid opinion on brands and fiber types?
Karastan seems to be the "best" (or did they just have the best
salesman?).

We recently installed a Karastan carpet in my son's room and are extremely
happy with it. I had initially crossed that brand off my list because I
thought it was out of our range. We shopped around and while it wasn't cheap
(about $1500 installed for a 21x16 room), we felt their lower end was much
better quality than other brand's higher end product (hope that makes
sense). Of course, we haven't had the carpet long enough to test wear and
stains, but it is extremely soft underfoot and looks beautiful. We went with
a French twist style carpet.

Tell the salesperson that you want the best carpet you can buy for your
budget. That should help them narrow down your search. And by all means, go
to several carpet stores.

JennP.