Markmon

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:56:45 +0100, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

Markmon wrote:

Is this a good idea anyway or is the estate agent just covering his
back?

Can't tell without seeing the place! If it's been built in the last,
say, 20 years, and noe indication of bodging, it looks like CYA; if it's
interwar, with fittings of a mixture of ages, the arse that's convered
might just be yours ;-)

No obvious bodging, but who knows. We're getting a structural survey
done anyway so we'll have the electrics checked as well.

It was more the way the agent shoved a glossy leaflet at us that made
me ask. Especially as the leaflet seems to be aimed at landlords
rather than buyers.

Also how much should we expect to pay for this? I have been told about
£200 but this seems a bit high.

Certainly high for these parts - here in Bristol you're looking at more
like 80 quid for a competent local electrician to spend the 1hr+ doing
the inspection and writing out the NICEIC-or-similar Ree Port...

I would have thought it should be about the same price here in
Manchester, so I'll ring round a bit.

Thanks,

Mark