Graham Tavener

Just replaced an old Potterton indirect with a Vaillant combi (Turbomax plus
828E) Mains pressure is high and we get a torrent of hot water, provides an
excellent shower. Conversion of the plumbing and removing the old cylinder
was interesting, the original plumber had some strange ideas, but we managed
to figure it all out. Had a couple of small problems, but both are
resolved. The digital display stopped working after being on for a day, a
Vaillant engineer swapped the display unit under warranty. The other
problem was potentially more worrying as an o-ring was split on the mains
water inlet filling loop valve. It must have been split when Vaillant
manufactured the boiler and luckily decided to spring a leak while we were
in, rather than wait until we were out, 17p for a replacement from the local
diy shed. Luckily the boiler is very well designed and we were able to
replace this in minutes. Looks as if a lot of thought has gone into the
design so that it can be serviced easily.

Graham

"Rob Bradley" wrote in message
I'm thinking of replacing my old Glow worm Space saver 60B MkII with a
combi. I live in a smallish bungalow, there are only two of us, and we
prefer to shower rather than fill the bath.
If a combi is a good choice in this situation, what models would
people recommend, for reliability in particular?
I've so far only had recommended the Ferroli F30. The chap concerned
says he's installed a lot of them and they've been reliable. He seems
to think condensing boilers are less reliable and not worth the extra
expense. Is this the case?

Rob

---