Larry Jaques

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:07:38 GMT, patrick conroy
calmly ranted:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:10:02 -0700, Tim Douglass
wrote:

Rec.woodworking.all-ages is *IDENTICAL* to the existing newsgroup.
There is *NO* difference other than the name. It is an ill-advised

Appreciate the food-for-thought. Which is *why* I like this place.

Someone doesn't like the OT chatter so they want to start a new
group and that's "ill-advised"? (NOTE: Buzzword used.)

But, why just not let the market decide?
If the new newsgroup sucks, it will wither and die, right?

RIGHT! Instead, these guys want to stop it from happening even
though they won't be participating. I'm amazed at the answers
some of these folks are giving in an attempt to justify their
closed-mindedness. I view it as an additional "channel". Why
can't they? Feh! Children.

Did "Fox" dilute NBC, ABC, CBS?
Or was is generally accepted as a win for the TV viewing public(*)?

C - Both of the above. The second WB and Fox came online, I went
to watch some of the new shows that the other networks didn't
have. Occasionally, it made me choose between an existing show
and the new one. Usually, though, it was an addition since the
crap on the other networks wasn't worth watching anyway.

(*) NB: There's NOT much on Fox, that I'll watch. There's not much on
TV that I'll watch, but I think that's beside my (attempted) point.

Grok that.

--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.