YoJimbo

"Airkings" wrote:
Is it advisable to attach a heavy bag to a basement floor joist and use it
for training? Will the vibrations cause damage? What has people's experience
been? Thanks!

I just hang mine with chains from the steel support beam, as you mentioned.
I prefer a free-swinging bag that isn't tied down and is allowed to sway.

Sure, you will get some vibration from the bag swaying, but as long as
your support chains aren't connected to anything that could be damaged,
alls you'll get out of whacking this dude is some noise upstairs :-).

I'm not as wild about bag frames as some others here. although that is
another solution.
JS