HvacTech2

Hi TomS, hope you are having a nice day

On 04-Oct-04 At About 06:09:12, TomS wrote to TomS
Subject: 2 year old Furnace problem

T From: "TomS"

T Hi,

T The Gas Furnace (forced air) came with the newly built house (2 years
T ago). The Furnace worked great for the past years, but I tried to
T turn the heat on a day ago and the heat wouldn't come on. The
T Furnace's diagnostic light is steady green (code says that it's in
T normal working condition). I've replaced the Thermostat (planned on
T getting a digital controller anyway) but didn't fix the problem.

T Note: AC works, Blower Fan works... just no heat. No indication of
T the Heater starting.

T The Furnace is noted as automatic pilot, so not much to do there as
T far as lighting the pilot light. Anyway, I've followed the
T instruction and powered down the Furnace & powering it back on &
T adjusting the Thermostat to trigger heat but couldn't get it to go.

T Worse comes to worse, it's under the 5yr warranty but I'm almost
T certain it just needs a little cleaning of some sort to get it to go.
T I would much prefer not having to spend $150.00 for a tech to come
T out & do a 5 minute clean job.

T Any pointer or helps greatly appreciated!

Other than cycling the unit as you have already done There isn't much else
you can do without knowing how the system works and how to troubleshoot it.
Todays furnaces are a lot more complicated than the older ones and some even
require special tools to hook up and find fault codes.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "I make wine out of raisins so it's aged automatically..."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail