Malc

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
.. .

raden wrote:

They claim there is "no issue with the pcb" , despite the fact that
half the pcbs I repair are Suprimas

I was in my local Plumb Center 2 or 3 months ago and raised the subject
of my Suprima 80 constantly tripping out (this was before I re-made
every solder joint on the PCB thus fixing the fault). The bod behind
the counter told me that last year Potterton changed PCB supplier and,
wait for it, replaced all PCBs in Suprima boilers that were in store,.
i.e. pre-delivery. Does that sound likely?

Not having seen the start of this thread I'm wading in. I used to work for
Potterton in the 80s in the R& D dept. A lot of their stuff was made down to
a price to compete with electromechanical stats etc. The cheapest
manufacturers were used at all points and some of the dodges used to make
the first electronic tank stats work were ludicrous. I made myself quite
unpopular with my boss by telling him so in a memo (first job out of uni
too). I dunno if they are like that now of course but....

--
Malc