Rick Cook

George wrote:

That's the key. Owner's the influence.

We've a large but well-behaved German shepherd, and some of my daughter's
college friends from Chicago wouldn't come close even when he was showing
all the "friendly" signs. Reason was "where we come from the only people
who have dogs like that are people who want vicious dogs."

Personally, I believe the larger the dog, the better he must behave.

You certainly got that right! Owning a large dog carries with it special
responsibilities.

--RC

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
The Pit Bull has become a status symbol for punks, gander members and

other
unsavory character. Cruise through a major city in the "lesser"
neighborhoods and you will see them. The hoodlum wannabe walking his pet
pit bull. He may not be able to flaunt a gun, so he does the next best
thing for status.

IIRC correctly, the dog in Our Gang Comedy was a pit bull. Dobermans are
also docile when bred properly, nasty when not. Probably other breeds

too.