Andy Cuffe

Default HP Laserjet 4: Large capacity tray constantly jamming

I bought a used large capacity paper feeder for my hp Laserjet 4
printer. It worked ok for a while, but now it jams 9 times out of 10.
The paper falls about 1/2" short of hitting the first feed roller
inside the printer. I've cleaned all the rollers in the large
capacity feeder and it's made absolutely no difference. The pickup
roller looks good (better than the one for the regular paper try which
never jams). I've tried new paper, tried it half full and completely
full. It still almost always jams. Anyone have any ideas?
Andy Cuffe