IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
We have been given two contradictory opinions for the floor/base of a
conservatory. One company says we need a suspended floor and that it
would be 'ridiculous' to put in a solid concrete floor - because the
height from ground to floor level is 85cm.

I've got a steel suspended floor in mine. 85cm would probably be too much
for concrete. Although the steel floor is supposed to sit 20cm of so above
ground pad foundation level, I've raised mine higher with dense concrete
blocks.

Christian.

A masonry floor is cooler in summer as it absorbs heat. If you want to use
the conservatory as a means of generating heat to fan into the main house
then use as little masonry as possible in the construction. Dwarf walls and
an insulated concrete floor are mush cooler in summer than a wooden floor
with no dwarf walls.