martin.shaw11

"unless conductors of the two bands are separated by an earthed metal
screen" ie the armour sheath.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:44:22 GMT, "martin.shaw11"
wrote:

I would have thought the seperation provided by the outer insulation and

the
armouring would satisfy the regs.

Not really

*Every* cable in the duct would have to be insulated to the standard
required of the highest voltage.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/6.6.1.htm

CAT5 and phone cable does not meet those requirements.

"tony sayer" wrote in message
I would run a 110mm pipe, and have gentle bends. Its just easier

when
you want to push something else through later.

FWIW I used 4 inch soil pipe round our gaff for that very reason. The
only place I've used 50 mm is for the ducts that come in from the two
sat dishes hidden out in our garden, where there are only two cables
involved......
--
Tony Sayer

.andy