Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
MikeS wrote:
I just picked up a scroll saw from our local Homier tool show. The problem I
seem to be having is the blade seems to have a mind of its own and wanders
off course. Straight cuts are no problem but when I try to cut curves the
blade tends to turn at an angle to the cut I'm making and off course I go! I
have the tension on the blade set to the specs of no more then 1/8" side
movement. I "think" I'm feeding the stock slow enough, but the blade still
bends and the cut starts to wander. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Probably just a practice & technique issue. When you advance the
workpiece into the blade, the work must always be positioned so that
the saw blade is going "straight" into the work, hope you can
visualize what I mean by this. By all means experiment with blade
tension and try another blade, but most likely it's just a questoon of
practice, practice, practice...

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland