willshak

Gryhound wrote:

How does one remove old silicone caulk? I have a long
line of it around my front windows - I presume the old
owner once had an awning and used the caulk along the
edge between the awning and siding. Scraping seems
futile. Heat gun didn't help. Any ideas?

Silicone caulk is a b***h to remove. I don't know of any chemicals that
can remove it without damaging the surface that it is on (except maybe
tile). What kind of siding is it on? You might try a razor blade
scraper, the kind used to remove registration or inspection stickers
from car windshields, or paint from glass. That should get rid of most
of it. You can then try rubbing hard with a rough cloth to remove the
thin film that is left.