Matt

Default Asbestos garage

"Grunff" wrote in message

I think the best bet is a local place - transport costs are
quite high, so it can make a big difference. I know a good place
in mid-Devon if that's any good to you.

We're up in Norfolk so a bit of a drive :-) Love it down in the West. It's
the one region we would consider leaving Norfolk for, like the rest of the
country it seems considering house prices down your way.

When I've used it (two roofs so far, one 18x5m, the other 3x4m),
I used self drilling rubber washered screws, and it was a
breeze. Put screw into socket driver, push and screw. Done.

What we did, which was a little long winded, was buy some of the long
roofing nails with the clip on caps, removed the nails and used the caps
with long screws screwed down through the ridges into the purlins. Why we
didn't use the washered self tappers as sold by Screwfix I don't know. There
was a reason but it's forgotten. I need to keep a journal :-)

Matt

---