Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Max writes:
Hi this maybe a stupid question but how do you clean your buckets out
after you've done some plastering? I used to swill mine out with water
and dump it down the drain, till one day I forgot to tip the water away
and found in the morning the plaster had set under water which got me
thinking that cant do the drain much good :/.

I generally like to clean my bucket between mixes, and I'd rather not
buy extra buckets. So do you think its ok to tip it down the drain or is
there a better solution?

Swill out with water using an old washing up brush to dislodge
all the plaster from the bucket and empty over the lawn. When
it's dark outside, I empty it all in the same place in the
garden (which was a depression in the ground). Grass seems to
grow in the plaster without any problems.

I do this before applying the plaster I just mixed -- that can
wait for the time it takes to wash up the bucket and strirrer,
but they won't wait until I've finished putting up the plaster.

--
Andrew Gabriel