D. J. Dorn

Yes, it has been discussed and you can do a search but I'll make a
recommendation anyway. If you are mainly doing drawers and want primarily
half blind dovetails, it's hard to beat the Porter Cable 4112 for a hundred
bucks. Once set up, I can go out to the shop, put the boards in, use my
homemade guide to set the depth of the bit and just get it done.

If you're looking for through dovetails, you would need an Akeda, Leigh or
Porter Cable Omnijig in order to do both or do variable spacing.. More
money and more complex to set up but depending on your needs, might be the
right way to go. The other option is the through dovetail jigs such as the
Keller style. They are unlimited as to length because you can keep moving
the jig down the line, but it's very difficult to get anything other than
standard spacing.

Do your search and you'll get tons of info.

Don

"Edmiester" wrote in message
This is my first post so if the subject has already been discussed,

forgive
me.

What is the best dovetail jig on the market today? I have a Sears model,
but its more frustrating to set up and use then getting an answer from my
wife.

I work for a drawer company, and we use a DODDS CNC SE25, but I don't have
20-30,000 dollars laying around.

Any help would be appreciated.