Jeff Gorman

"jtpr" wrote

: ...on your Table Saw? My brother in law was over last night and we were
: standing at my table saw discussing safety. He said he always stands in
: front of the piece of wood he is feeding into the table saw and feeds it
: through by holding his push stick on top of the wood between the blade and
: the fence. I said I always stand to the left of the blade and feed it
: through by holding the wood on the outside of the blade. He felt he had
: better control his way, I felt it was dangerous to stand directly behind
: it. We both use those long notched push sticks.
:
: Also, he cuts thin strips with the waste side between the fence and the
: blade. So if he wanted to rip a 1" piece off a 6" board, he would have
the
: 5" side between the fence and the blade. I do it in reverse. I never
: really thought about it. How do you guys do it? Which is safer/better?

Answers to both these questions can be found on my web site - Circular
Sawbench Safety - Feeding the Workpiece and also Fences.

Jeff G

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
Email: username is amgron