Greg G.

Mark & Juanita said:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:06:43 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

OK Folks, here it is!

A Laser Line Miter Guide for $10.00 and some junk parts laying around.
You could probably replicate this for $15.00 and two hours time.

Look in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for complete details.

Saw it. I like the mounting position you chose and the fact the laser
actually paints the real line. I'll put that project on the list right
after the digital readout for the planer.

Saw it... that's a good one. Yes, it does "saw it" just fine. ;-)

I thought the PC/Delta version was a little crowded - too many lines.
The aftermarket blade washer type is a joke - it won't even shine
through most blade guards and maintain a proper line. In addition to
the fact that the line is 1/16" or so off to the left of the mark.
Then there are the reliability issues. Besides, do you *really* want
a piece of Chinese pot metal and plastic holding that big, sharp blade
in place - spinning around at 4,000 RPM in close proximity to your
head? I think not!

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm in that last sentence?
Hmmm... Perhaps not... That might be kinda handy!
I'll get right on it.

scribble, scribble... optical slot wheel, infra-red opto-coupler,
PIC microcontroller to convert ticks to fractional inches, backup
power supply to hold settings while planer unplugged, 1 line x 25 LCD
panel and language interface... scribble, scribble...

FWIW,

Greg G.