Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:06:43 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

mac davis said:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:27:29 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

Being an electronics designer and pretty crafty at such mechanical
things, I am pondering the prospect of gutting a $10.00 laser level,
building a small AC power supply for it, and mounting it on the saw.
Blade alignment mechanisms are not a problem, and the whole assembly
could be potted in epoxy when completed.

With your background, I'd be very interested in what you come up
with... please keep me/us posted!

OK Folks, here it is!

A Laser Line Miter Guide for $10.00 and some junk parts laying around.
You could probably replicate this for $15.00 and two hours time.

Look in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for complete details.

Saw it. I like the mounting position you chose and the fact the laser
actually paints the real line. I'll put that project on the list right
after the digital readout for the planer.

FWIW,

Greg G.