patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Mike S." wrote in message

# 3 I blew I think was $59. on the woodcraft tenoning jig and after
using
it for
several of the tenons it worked ok I guess but kinda tedious. When I
had to recut the tenons today I already had the stacked dado set in
the tablesaw and just used it with a sacrificial fence and for me it
did a much faster and better job of the tenons then the jig.

I find the dado better in many cases also. I bought the jig before I
had the dado and it did do a very good job. For a guide, I clamp a 1"
piece to the fence just ahead of the blade.

OTOH, if you get into angled tenons, the fixture is going to work
better than the dado.

I always find that it extremely useful to have multiple means of miscutting
joinery. ;-)

Patriarch