gothika

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:52:01 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

On 03 Oct 2004 23:50:16 GMT, (WEBPA) wrote:

|Arguments on this topic are, like this instance, usually without benefit of
|fact.
|
|The "coffee incident" happened here in Albuquerque, NM. There was MUCH more
|detail in the local media coverage than has ever made it to the web.
|
|The McDonald's in question *DID* have a "coffee is served hot" warning sign on
|the drive-up window...where the cup in question was purchased.
|
|The "victim" set the coffee between her theighs squeezing it to hold the cup
|still, then attempted to remove the lid to put sugar in (her testimony in open
|court). Following the laws of physics, the cup collapsed and dumped the coffee
|into her crotch.
|
|I could be wrong, but the victim's daughter called a lawyer from the hospital
|emergency room (testimony in open court).
|
|Except for the judge involved, I've never heard anyone local who though this
|case had anything to do with justice. It was all about the jackpot.
|webpa

On reading through the original thread on this OT subject I did not
see anything which identified which specific "spilled coffee" incident
was being referred to by the OP - it appears there has been several.

Correct. The case in question I was reffering to took place in
california and got national coverage because of the action of the
disgruntled employee.
This article
http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm
relates the one I was thinking of regarding the 81 year old woman, but
it also refers to the "hot coffee in the lap" incident above.

Ross H