George

Default Cold Laundry Room - Radiant Heat?

I'm about to install laminate flooring in our laundry room which was
built on to the outside of our house. The room is only about 50 sq ft
(5' X 10') and currently has no heating. Which means it gets a bit
chilly in there during the winter months (i live on southern vancouver
island british columbia). It has a 3 ft high insulated crawl space
underneath. I believe the walls have little insulation (old house).

I'm considering electric radiant heat but wondering what wattage would
be adequate to heat the entire room. The electric mats i'm looking at
range from 300 to 600 Watts of heating in porportion to their coverage
area. The 600 Watt unit covers almost the entire floor where the 300W
covers just the the 'walking' area of the room and not underneath the
washer/dryers.

I'm very interested in anyone's perspective or experience with this.

thanks.