chris French

In message , Rick Dipper
writes
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:13:44 +0100, "MGA"
wrote:

Dear all,
as part of my garage conversion I have been asked by the building control
officer to fix studs to the wall, add insulation, a vapour barrier and
plasterboard. It's a single brick wall and it has piers every 1.5 meters
more or less. That means that I need to get quite deep studs to provide an
even surface for the plasterboard. I have the battens ready, they are 15 by
5 centimetres, but being so deep, what is the best way to fix them to the
wall?

Do you need to fix it to the wall ?

Why not just make a new wall neer the brick one, from 2*3, just like a
partition wall.

In Message-ID:

MGA wrote:

'Free-standing frame: I would prefer other options before if only
because it's more work! It would also take more space'

--
Chris French, Leeds