yeah, ALL the 1000uf 6.3v GSC caps (5 total) had bulged tops and all
but one were oozing electrolytic.

What is the difference between low ESR and low impedance??

Another poster was using Nichicon HE's which are ultra low and ultra
life and 105C which looks like all the bases are covered.

FYI the mobo is a Gigabyte GA=7VKMLS. Its a KL266 chipset micro ATX
mobo and not worth much.

I just CAN'T resist a repair project under the B&L Stereo Microscope!!

Salvatore wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:19:32 GMT, wrote:

I have a few boards that need caps.

One is power supply caps on a JVC a/v switcher, the other are 1000
microF 6.3v caps on a motherboard.

There are so many types out there, I have no idea what to pick.

Thanks in advance
Tom

PS (switcher) Caps, esp. Motherboard caps are low esr, hi temp (105
degree)

Panasonic and nichichon come to mind. I bough extra (100 ea) for future
use when repairing my MoBos. Can sell you a handful if you like. MoBos
typically require 1500 and 1000MF.

Check if your board was made several years ago (gee, maybe 5 by now) when
the industry wide bad cap problem was being experienced. If so, you may
do well to replace the lot of 'em. Search Deja (google groups) for your
board model number to be more sure of its history.