TURTLE

"Stewart Apelzin" wrote in message
om...
I recently purchased a 'high quality' sofa, chair and ottoman from a
local upscale furniture store. We wanted a color that wasn't
available in the store, so the set was special ordered from the
factory. 4 months later the set arrived -- all the seams on the
furniture are crooked, there are black spots througout the fabric, and
there are loose threads abound. It does not at all look like the set
on the store floor. There were no black spots on the fabric swatch
that we were given to choose color.

Unfortunately, when the furntiure was delivered, my wife paid the due
balance by check. We have told the store that we want a refund.
After 30 days of discussions with the salesman and sales manager, the
best that they have offered is that we can choose another set from
their store and pay a 10% restocking fee.

I would appreciate opinions on the best way to return the furniture
and recover our full costs.

Thank you,
Stewart

This is Turtle.

1) Restocking fee does not come into play unless you got what you wanted but
changed your mine. Tell him to stick the 10% restocking fee ** *** *** . You
just demand a full refund for you did not get what you ordered . Now if you like
what other furniture they have in the store , you can barter on it but if not
demand full refund. If they don't like it , just have your lawyer send them a
letter of inquirey as to what the hold up is on the refund. This bring the order
of business to a new level where somebody is going to get burnt. Most all
businesses will never go there unless they are going bankrupt and don't care.

2) Now don't fool around and get past 90 days without bring the stuff back to
them for after that time they can say you used it and will have to adjust the
refund for the use of the furniture. If you tell them to come get itand they
don't have a small time mover bring it back so they know you mean business with
the deal. You then add the cost of bring it back to the refund bill. Any good
business knows to not fight with a customer that is coming on strong to get a
refund. Both customer and mostly the business owner gets bad PR when they end up
in small claims court.

3) Go after them and they will back off. If you do nothing -- they will do
nothing.

TURTLE