logized

"Vortex3" wrote in message
Hi There,

Does anyone out there own one of these cheap UPS's like:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hard...quicklinx=2HQ2

These things seem to be absurdly cheap. I'd be interested in an opinion

I was thinking of getting one to protect my PC's from the occasional
"brown-out" we get in very windy weather.

A second application would be use with a lead lamp when doing electrical
wiring at the fuseboard with all power off, in the half-light and with a
torch in your mouth!

David

I don't own one, but things to consider are - It may not be possible to
replace the battery on that model when it eventually fails (according to the
manual it is non-user serviceable).
It has a two year warranty - does that include the battery?
It may be noisy (manual says less than 40dB)
There is a running time calculator on the Trust website - runs about 18mins
for an average PC with LCD screen see
http://www.trust.com/home/default.ht...Fartnr%3D13506
It beeps when the mains fails - no auto shutdown of the pc is provided.
Finally, some cheap UPS's can sometimes cause problems when powering certain
equipment because the output waveform can be more distorted than the Sine
wave supplied by normal mains.

Dave