Edwin Pawlowski

"Rick Cook" wrote in message
I would say that the responsible pit bull owners far out-number the
irresponsible
owners. But that doesn't mean the irresponsible/psycho owners don't exist
and that
they don't produce some very dangerous dogs.

You are probably correct, but you can't prove it by my real life experience.
I've known of a half dozen pit bulls that are downright vicious. So are
their owners. I just don't happen to know of any good dogs and good owners
no matter how many exist.

The Pit Bull has become a status symbol for punks, gander members and other
unsavory character. Cruise through a major city in the "lesser"
neighborhoods and you will see them. The hoodlum wannabe walking his pet
pit bull. He may not be able to flaunt a gun, so he does the next best
thing for status.

IIRC correctly, the dog in Our Gang Comedy was a pit bull. Dobermans are
also docile when bred properly, nasty when not. Probably other breeds too.