Greg G.

mac davis said:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:27:29 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

Being an electronics designer and pretty crafty at such mechanical
things, I am pondering the prospect of gutting a $10.00 laser level,
building a small AC power supply for it, and mounting it on the saw.
Blade alignment mechanisms are not a problem, and the whole assembly
could be potted in epoxy when completed.

With your background, I'd be very interested in what you come up
with... please keep me/us posted!

OK Folks, here it is!

A Laser Line Miter Guide for $10.00 and some junk parts laying around.
You could probably replicate this for $15.00 and two hours time.

Look in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for complete details.

FWIW,

Greg G.