Paul Mc Cann

In article ,
says...
In article ,
Paul Mc Cann wrote:
Using thema a w weeksback I found that whereas a hammer would not drive
them home, theyent before they would go all the way in, using slow speed
on a battery drill would do the job niceley.

Err, they *have* to be hammered in fully - or as near as dammit. If you
tighten them before this, the plug will expand in the brick and the screw
jam against the plug end. They're not the same as a normal screw and wall
plug.

Err, I know. This is how I had used them previously. But this time,
fixing 4x2 to a reinforced concrete wall they just wouldn't hammer. (In
all cases I ensure the plastic plug is snug to the timber surface before
having a go.) Bitter experience proved that hammering them first was a
disaster. They just bent and at that stage screwdriving was impossible.
I can send you the pics if you like ;-(
The real question is,what is the correct size screwdric=ve bit to use ?
No. 2 appears to be the largest available but is too small for these
fixings

For the largest size, I use a pozidriv bit for my socket set. Halfords etc
sell them.

Never thought of that. Though one would think that the builders
suppliers that sell the things would carry the right bits
--
Paul Mc Cann