Ray R

MikeS wrote:
I just picked up a scroll saw from our local Homier tool show. The problem I
seem to be having is the blade seems to have a mind of its own and wanders
off course. Straight cuts are no problem but when I try to cut curves the
blade tends to turn at an angle to the cut I'm making and off course I go! I
have the tension on the blade set to the specs of no more then 1/8" side
movement. I "think" I'm feeding the stock slow enough, but the blade still
bends and the cut starts to wander. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Increase tension. Blade quality is very important. I have had good
luck with Blades from www.mikesworkshop.com He will even send free
samples of the blades he sells.

I am fairly new to scroll sawing. Some of my recent wooworking projects
can be seen at http://rayr.150m.com/Woodwork2/woodwork2.html My
scroll saw was used on most of them.