Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul Mc Cann wrote:
Using thema a w weeksback I found that whereas a hammer would not drive
them home, theyent before they would go all the way in, using slow speed
on a battery drill would do the job niceley.

Err, they *have* to be hammered in fully - or as near as dammit. If you
tighten them before this, the plug will expand in the brick and the screw
jam against the plug end. They're not the same as a normal screw and wall
plug.

The real question is,what is the correct size screwdric=ve bit to use ?
No. 2 appears to be the largest available but is too small for these
fixings

For the largest size, I use a pozidriv bit for my socket set. Halfords etc
sell them.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.