Prometheus

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:03:35 GMT, wrote:

So, if I mainly do the weekend wodworker type stuff,cabinets and the
like my best option would be a 12" CMS and not the 10" SCMS????

I'd say so, unless you've got the money to spare. Mine is a 10" CMS,
so a 12" would probably cut anything up to, say 8" in width without
much problem. If you're doing cabinets and things, this is all you're
likely to need. And it's obviously great fun to have all the tools
you can lay your hands on, so if you find the CMS is inadequate you
can always get the slider later on!

One other thing to consider- a SCMS *can* kick back the saw at you, a
CMS cannot. I've never had any problems, but I've heard stories of
people getting knocked back on their butts. Might be something to
consider if you're prone to joint pain (to prevent the kickback you
need to apply pressure to the saw to slow it down while it cuts)

Tahnks for the help.
Miey