Puff Griffis

I am with Kevin on the blade tension. 1/8 inch seems quite loose. Also =
one problem I had when starting out was unconsciously pushing from the =
side of the stock into the blade instead of feeing the cuts from the =
front. I don't know if this makes any since but I am to tired to =
articulate it any better right now.
Puff

"Kevin Daly" wrote in message =
I "think" I'm feeding the stock slow enough, but the blade still=20
bends and the cut starts to wander. Any suggestions?=20

=20
First question I have for you is what kind of blade are you using? As =

far as
the "right" tension, it should sound like a high "C"....think of it as =

tuning
the strings on a guitar. 1/8" side to side movement sounds like an =

awful lot
to me although I never measure it. My first thought is that your =

blade isn't
tensioned enough, not enough tension makes it virtually impossible to =

follow a
line. It's something you get a feel for with experience. Just takes =

lots of
practice, I've made a lot of nice scroll sawn firewood while learning.
=20
Hope this helps,
=20
Kevin Daly