SantaUK

Its with TLC I'm getting the lights, so thats brilliant!!!

Thanks for you help, both of you.

Regards

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
SantaUK wrote:
I want to fit lights under my kitchen cabinets and have found some good
mains ones at TLC. I want them to operate whenever my cooker hood is
opened. I remember from my car days of using relays to work other
circuits. I can tap into the light circuit of the hood, so where could I
get a suitable relay that will operate the mains lights?

Perhaps the easiest to install/wire would be a plug in octal type -
although it's rather more than is needed. They have two pole changeover
contacts. And a base which has screw contacts.

TLC sell the relay and base for about 15 quid (SR 501) - other places like
CPC, RS etc would be cheaper, but may have a minimum charge.

If you can go down the soldering route there are hundreds of different
types available from electronics suppliers.

--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.