Graham

Default Conservatory floor: solid v suspended

We have been given two contradictory opinions for the floor/base of a
conservatory. One company says we need a suspended floor and that it
would be 'ridiculous' to put in a solid concrete floor - because the
height from ground to floor level is 85cm. The other says they never
use wood because of expansion problems. The solid concrete floor would
be insulated and both would have ducts in for airbricks on the side of
the house.

Any opinions on which is better?

A second related question: should we have the floor flush with the
inside of the house, and hence have more steps and a higher wall
outside. Or would one step down into the conservatory be acceptable,
allowing a lower wall and one fewer step outside - perhaps improving
the external apperance?

Look forward to people's opinions. Obtained lots of useful information
from this group's archives on roofs, glass, etc - realy helped in
dealing with salesmen!

Graham