J T

Sat, Oct 2, 2004, 9:34pm (EDT-3) (Chris=A0Mooney)
needs to know:
snip SWMBO mentioned maybe putting a rail around three sides of the
top, snip

Theres people out there who'll say you don't need a rail - beause
you're supposed to keep your eyes on the kid every second. They either
don't have kids, or don't live in the real world.

A rail ain't a bad idea. 'Cause sooner or later you're gonna get
distracted, and look away for a second or two. Good habit tho, is
always keep at least one hand on the kid.

I'd go for a not too tall solid rail. I don't like things the kid
can put his/her head, or arm, thru. Put the arm out, and you don't
notice, pick the kid up, not good.

Later on, you'll be changing the kid on the floor, your lap,
chairs, tables, car seats, car hoods, wherever. So, consider your
changing table a luxury, rather than a necessity.

You'll learn too. You get the kid changed, you'll get a look, then
a big smile - and you'll know the kid needs changing again..

JOAT
We will never have great leaders as long as we mistake education for
intelligence, ambition for ability, and lack of transgression for
integrity.
- Unknown