Rick Cook

I realize it verges on tasteless to introduce facts into an off-topic argument
in this newsgroup, but if anyone is interested, here are some references on the
'dangers' of pit bulls that I turned up in a quick google search.

An article on pit bulls and the problems involved in pit bull rescue.
http://www.forpitssake.org/chronicle.html

A FAQ on what pit bulls are really like
http://www.pbrc.net/misc/pbrcbrochure.pdf

A report on an Alabama Supreme Court ruling finding no evidence pit bulls are
inherently more dangerous than other breeds.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/doghol...ourdogs18.html

Long experience with pit bulls.
http://www.richardfstratton.com/main.htm

A good discussion of pit bulls and aggression.
http://www.goodpooch.com/MediaBriefs/GPpitbulls.htm
(IMHO, this source makes too much of the fatality statistics. While pit bulls
probably less likely to attack a human than other breeds, there is no question
that a pit bull's
strength and quickness means it can do a lot more damage when it does attack.)

Swingman wrote:

"Rick Cook" spewed in message

Swingman wrote:

"Peter De Smidt" wrote in message

That's quite scary, though, isn't it? Clearly most owners are not
knowledgeable or equipped to do such training, and it's a leap of

faith
that it's possible to overcome this inborn tendency. You might make it
less likely that your dog will attack others, but will you totally
remove that urge? I doubt it.

Precisely!

Precisely wrong!

Do you have ANY experience whatsoever with being around pit
bulls? Have you ever trained one or tried to train one?

Can you read? Do you? According to your own words in a previous message, you
havent had any of the above.

It's pretty clear you're talking from a near-complete lack of knowledge.

Had you made the smallest effort to read this thread, you wouldn't have made
such a fool out of yourself by jumping to that erroneous conclusion. You
also made clear that your qualifications were limited to having "never owned
one" and only "having several friends who own them ..."

Not exactly what I'd call expert opinion that justifies such, well ...
"arrogance" ... another one of your words in this thread.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04