George E. Cawthon

If you don't want to use the standard metal edge that you hammer down
or a thin wood strip that you screw down on top of the carpet, then
stapling will work. Turn the carpet under (don't have any carpet pad
between the carpet and the wood floor in the 1/2 to 3/4 inch that is
turned under) and staple right at the edge. If done tightly, you will
never know that it is stapled. The same treatment works well with a
transition from carpet to vinyl or a transition between to thicknesses
or kinds of carpet. We never experienced any unusual wear and no
carpet pull up where this was done, although the carpet is ready for
replacement due to wear in other parts after many years.

C & S wrote:

I recently removed a carpet from a hallway. The adjoining rooms still have
wall to wall carpet that will now terminate at a previously covered wood
(OWWM) threshold. How to I terminate the carpet (cut pile) butting up
against a threshold?

Thanks,

Steve