Tim Douglass

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:04:20 -0700, "Joseph Connors"
wrote:

From your story, it sounds like the dog did not attack anyone. I understand
being prepared to defend yourself and others, but if it were my dog
(unlikely since I keep mine inside always) and you killed him just because
you thought that he was a danger, it would be you that "would have been
hauled off in a bag!"
A dog, like anyone else, doesn't deserve to be shot for what he MIGHT do!

For many years I lived on a farm. We raised cattle, as did most of the
neighbors. It was standard practice to immediately kill any dog that
wandered onto your property because it might start chasing or
harassing the cattle (or deer, but that's another thread). A single
dog running a beef steer around the pasture one day can traumatize the
steer so that it takes weeks of additional feeding to finish it. The
cost is not insignificant.

People who work with food animals tend to have a little different set
of values.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com