Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
mike. buckley wrote:
With lath and plaster you can do the majority of the runs without
needing to re-plaster. Just the bits where you have to cross the
noggins.

Excuse my french - but what's a noggin? I'm going to run a single 1.0mm
earth wire to a socket down the edge of a door frame, all sheathed by
graan/yellow. Bit of a pain in the arse, but nothing compared to the
grief from the girlf of having a plastic socket in a house full of
stainless ones....

A lath and plaster wall is hollow. It's constructed out of vertical studs.
But at perhaps two places there will be horizontal 'noggins' to add
strength and prevent twisting. These also stop you just dropping a cable
from top to bottom. But you can channel out over the noggin and bring the
cable round over it, then make good.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.