Dick Telder

Default Philips 32" tube-question

This 32PW9616 has a faulty tube. The colors in the outskirts of the
tube are no good. If i decrease contrast to a minimum the picture is
completely stable and the defective colors are bearable.

I wonder if the changes in picture size (and deformation) when bright
objects appear on the screen is caused by the tube, or if there is a
faulty component (capacitor?) i can change? Are there any measurements
I can do to find out?
When I adjust the V-Shift setting it looks as if I also adjust E/W
Trapezium at the same time. It is a MG3.1E chassis.

Regards from Sweden