Tim Douglass

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:06:28 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:08:05 GMT, patrick conroy
wrote:

I see newsgroups as dynamic - people come, people go. If I'm in the
Elks Club, I've got no beef about a Moose Lodge opening up across the
street.

How about one with a sign, "Christian Moose Lodge, for better people
that those sewer-dwelling mad dog Elks" ?

And under that a sign: "Everyone welcome to come in and hang out, even
those sewer-dwelling mad dog Elks across the street - and they are
welcome to talk and act here just as they do there".

Rec.woodworking.all-ages is *IDENTICAL* to the existing newsgroup.
There is *NO* difference other than the name. It is an ill-advised
attempt to create a moderated newsgroup without a moderator and
because it is badly planned and badly implemented it needs to be
rejected until such time as someone presents a proposal that is well
thought out and planned in such a way that it will meet the goals of
the proponents and be acceptable to the usenet community as well.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com