Rick Cook

Prometheus wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:51:08 GMT, "Searcher"
wrote:

A dog here almost became filled with lead today, I was out in my yard with
my 3 year old son, doing a little yard work. Luckily, my siter in law was
close to my son when from around the garage came a pit bull at full charge.
After my siter in law grabbed up my son the dog took off after another
couple walking thier dog, it was then that I retrieved my .44 with every
intention of dispatching that animal. The dog was still roaming as I was
cleaning up our garden tools and I was ready. I saw the dog take off after
another person walking his dog. I kept cleaning up and went in. I have not
seen that dog before or again. But if that dog had come near my yard it
would have been hauled off in a bag!

I love dogs, but those pit-bulls are nasty creatures.

Wrong. For the most part they are gentle and loving dogs.

I never
understood why the people who own them seem to like to let them roam
around loose all the time.

People who own dogs of any sort and let them roam around loose aren't going to
have them very long. This is doubly true of pit bulls because of the prejudice
against them. (Which we have seen amply demonstrated here.)

--RC