Greg G.

Luigi Zanasi said:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 11:30:31 -0700, scribbled:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:37:29 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:44:55 +0200, Juergen Hannappel
wrote:

Which gives rise to the question why you never see boards made from
two suck wedge-shaped ones glues together to form a rectangular slab?

That is a _very_ good idea....

why?

More QS wood from the same tree (less waste), wider QS planks from the
same tree. The only disadvantage I can think of now is that the edges
of the plank would have a glue line.

Are we missing something? Why hasn't it been done? Is it a question of
cost, i.e the effort is not worth the additional wood? Or did Juergen
have a true inspirational moment?

While cutting up some pin oak the other yesterday, I wondered the same
thing. I had all these wedge shaped pieces left over - what could I
do with them, rather than the fireplace?

FWIW,

Greg G.