Greg G.

G.E.R.R.Y. said:

In article , Greg G. wrote:

I used a similar but re-engineered system for hidden casters on the
new router table I built. It was just too darned heavy to move
without them!

Sorry, but I seem to have joined in late in this thread. I have a
router table top that I'm building a cabinet for which will mount on a
metal workstand base. I NEED to be able to wheel this contraption in
and out a too-small workspace. Is there any chance you could e-mail me
any photos you have of both of the above setups? Thanks.

The table picture should still be in a.b.p.w.
The router table is similar, except that instead of two boards on each
side that hold the wheel platform in place, there is a sliding wooden
support that spans the cabinet. You lift the cabinet, the wheels
drop, and you slide the chamfered board into place to hold it up
against the cabinet bottom. Due to the extra weight, I felt the
additional support would be needed, and the space is limited as well.
The sliding support is actuated by a threaded rod that extends from
the side of the cabinet. It is all completely hidden, except for the
knobs. There is only 3" of space under the cabinet, roughly the
height of the toe kick.

I'm not sure either of these designs would be appropriate for a metal
stand, however. You might be better off with a HTC mobil base.

FWIW,

Greg G.