TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Turtle you know Hvac better than anyone here , cant a blower door test
or a duct test determine where you leak dust? I found it was my
ceiling electric boxes as well as wall switch and outlets. I used about
40lb of foam to surrond these as well as removing grills and getting the
ducts. Could your roof venting be inadequate or you have negative
pressure sucking the attic air down? An interesting way I found leaks
is I put Moth balls in the attic to get rid of Bats and Flying
Squirrels, When I ran the AC I found areas the Mott ball smell was
comming in and sealed those closet areas.

This is Turtle.

Yes a blower door test would show all the leaks but Do i want to spend $3K to
$6K stopping up leaks so i can use a cheap insulation that will break down which
is suppose to be replaced in 22 years and give off dust fibres for the rest of
my life. I will have to spend $3K+ to use or save about $300.00 on the cost of
the insulation and in 25 or so years have to replace the insulation because the
fire retardent will wear off and become a fire hazard. When it wears off you
have about 500 pounds of ground up newspapers in attic to set fire to it. The
fire retardent is only good for so many years and then the newspaper becomes a
fire harzard or fire waiting to start. Fibre glass or rock wool never wears out
and becomes a fire hazard.

I got educated when i put it in my house. A bought lesson sticks in your mine
better than a tought lesson. One Bought lesson is enough for me.

TURTLE