Joseph Meehan

RCAlford wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies. The house is ten years old, so it is
new to us, not new as far as the code requirements for a 4 prong
outlet go. I am not an electrician and do not know anything about the
wiring of the outlet. We just now found the dryer manual and it has a
section of instructions on connecting it to a 3 prong cord. So I am
going to follow those instructions. The instructions show the green
ground wire being left in place attached to the green ground screw on
the case.

Thanks for your help and comments.

Robert

Following the instructions with that dryer should be safe. It would not
be a good idea to assume the same instructions would work safely with
another dryer.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math